We have a very strong commitment to charities, the local community and the environment. Our policy is to:
- Support local community projects through the direct involvement of employees
- Encourage employees to seek new ways to support charitable and environmental causes, both individually and collectively
- Respond to national/global catastrophes and deprivation by assisting with staff fund-raising where requested and arranging for matching of donations or sponsorship in line with the Markel Match Programme
- Provide corporate donations of cash or time to selective welfare organisations and charitable bodies
- Organise specific fund-raising activities to supplement corporate donations
We grant every employee up to three days of paid leave a year to volunteer on community projects, and we are a member of The Lloyd’s Community Programme. This promotes involvement in the Lloyd’s community and helps improve the opportunities and living conditions of people in Tower Hamlets and neighbouring London boroughs.