Welcome to Markel’s supplier page. Here you will find reference materials, documentation
and news for everything supplier related.
We are proud of the strong relationships we have built with our suppliers and want to continue to foster and build on these partnerships with improved communications, streamlined invoice payments and onboarding processes.
Following are the key requirements for submitting your invoice to Markel.
- Mandatory fields:
- invoice number
- supplier name
- amount (with currency symbol)
- Purchase order numbers (if applicable): must be included on the invoice
- Key Markel contact name: include the name of the person who requested the product or service
- Invoice attachments/supporting documentation: must be combined with the invoice in a single, electronic file
- File format: Adobe .pdf or TIFF
- No handwritten invoices or handwritten notations.
- Markel’s standard payment terms are 30 days.
See our Best Practice Guidelines for additional information on submitting your invoice to Markel.
Supplier profile forms:
Supplier profile form (Dutch)
Supplier profile form (Ireland)
Supplier profile form (Singapore)
Supplier profile form (Spanish)
Supplier profile form (United Kingdom)
Supplier profile form (US and Bermuda)
W-8 & W-9 forms
Markel’s Code of Conduct
The Markel Style sets out our core values and principles, the way we want to do business. Quoting from the Markel Style, “Our creed is honesty and fairness in all our dealings. . . . We respect our relationships with our suppliers and have a commitment to our communities.”
We have a Code of Conduct which reminds Markel employees how we conduct business and how we work with each other and our partners. We consider that our strong ethical culture serves as a solid foundation for success. Suppliers, customers and shareholders can rely on us to do the right thing.
One of Markel’s key objectives is to pay our suppliers efficiently and in a timely manner. To meet this objective, we are migrating our suppliers to electronic payments. Why?
- Security: reduces risk of fraud
- Speed: reduces time to access funds
- Tracking: enables transparency to payment lifecycle
- Convenience: no need to deposit a check
(+1) 804-955-1950 (Markel Corp)
+44 (0)20 7953 6744 (Markel Intl)